How to Install Parks

2 hours ago, ETCCC2 said:

I Really want to install a park, but when i click it, it says "Cannot Load File" Please Help!

Are you trying to open the park file directly from your save folder in Windows or are you trying to open it from inside ORCT2?  Because the former method won't work- you have to put the file into the saves or scenario folder per imlegos' post, and then open ORCT2 and use load saves (for .SV6) or New Game (for .SC6) to open it.

1 hour ago, cascadia said:

Are you trying to open the park file directly from your save folder in Windows or are you trying to open it from inside ORCT2?  Because the former method won't work- you have to put the file into the saves or scenario folder per imlegos' post, and then open ORCT2 and use load saves (for .SV6) or New Game (for .SC6) to open it.

Sorry, Should of Mentioned im using Mac, Will that Affect what ill still do with the file?

1 minute ago, ETCCC2 said:

Sorry but I'm really confused, Saved Games is just .DAT and i don't have a Saves Folder

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 2.01.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 2.01.00 PM.png

You're looking in the wrong folder.  You want to put the park files in the Saves Folder in the OpenRCT2 folder, NOT the original RCT2 folder.  Then you want to open them from the OpenRCT2 menu, NOT directly from the Mac folder itself.

• 2 years later...
On 24/06/2016 at 13:45, cascadia said:

You're looking in the wrong folder.  You want to put the park files in the Saves Folder in the OpenRCT2 folder, NOT the original RCT2 folder.  Then you want to open them from the OpenRCT2 menu, NOT directly from the Mac folder itself.

***Disregard! I figured it out. For some reason, my OpenRCT2 files are split up between my Program Files and Documents Folder. Saves was in the latter.

I can't find a "Saves" folder anywhere.

My OpenRCT2 folder only has one folder in it, called "data", which includes four folders (language, object, shaders, title), and "g2.dat".

OpenRCT2\Saves does not exist. 

I know my saves must exist somewhere, and I have .sv6 files I want to add. Please advise.

Edited by theMcScotty
Solved my own issue