Howdy, just tried OpenRCT2 for the first time today!

I had no idea this existed until yesterday and I just got to try it out today.  OpenRCT2 seems really amazing!  I loved RCT2 ever since I first played it and it's amazing how many annoying limitations are gone with this version.  However, since I'm new here, I'd appreciate some answers to a few questions of mine.

1. Is the sky the limit?  I know that this is a project that is being actively worked on, but how far do you guys see this going?  Will it ever come to the point where you can select ALL of the scenery items/rides/etc. in the scenario editor so that you're not limited to the 252 and 128 limits?
  2. What version should I be using?  I tried out the 0.0.4.0 Stable version for Windows (I want to be able to use OpenRCT2 on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 computers) but I had problems scrolling to the right (but not left, up, or down) once I had set the window scale factor up to 1.5x, which is the scale I prefer to play the game at.  Then I tried the newest version that game out just a few minutes ago ( 0.0.5.0 build 17f8f9f ) but had the exact same problem.  Is this resolved in any version?  I don't particularly care to play this game online.
  3. For some reason, any of the scenery items that should be animated appear completely static when I play.  I had the same problem using both versions.  What's causing that?

I appreciate the responses (if I get any).

• Like 1
  1. Yes. It'll take a lot of time to get there, but in the end, the answer will be yes.
  2. That scrolling bug is known and will be fixed. Don't ask me when though: https://github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/issues/3571
  3. No idea what's causing it, nor is there much information on the official issue for it. If you ever discover what's causing it, please let the devs know. https://github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/issues/3924

Anyways, welcome! Hope you'll have a nice time here.