8 hours ago, imlegos said:

When suddenly random Wikipedia clipping...

6 hours ago, Broxzier said:

Terry Pratchett! I really do need to read more of his books.

Take another look- it's a Wikipedia clipping from an alternate universe. :P;)

It was made for a thread on alternatehistory.com,  where we debate how history could have gone differently.

41 minutes ago, cascadia said:

Take another look- it's a Wikipedia clipping from an alternate universe. :P;)

It was made for a thread on alternatehistory.com,  where we debate how history could have gone differently.

Are you talking Walter Bishop and William Bell?  also as in Walternate... 

History in hindsight, would and shall always be different. Each and every chapter playing out differently than before... That's where the term "History is doomed to repeat itself unless learned from".  and the other 50 ways you can say the same thing... Debating history in the past for a current outcome seems redundant to me. I mean, you can't change the past, only learn from it.

You have me curious, why debate about different outcomes for something that already happened?

I'm not razzing here, just curious :D  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SpiffyJack said:

Are you talking Walter Bishop and William Bell?  also as in Walternate... 

History in hindsight, would and shall always be different. Each and every chapter playing out differently than before... That's where the term "History is doomed to repeat itself unless learned from".  and the other 50 ways you can say the same thing... Debating history in the past for a current outcome seems redundant to me. I mean, you can't change the past, only learn from it.

You have me curious, why debate about different outcomes for something that already happened?

I'm not razzing here, just curious :D  

It's interesting.  You also learn from the past by seeing how things could have gone differently, and when a similar situation comes up in the future, you can try something else. 

• Like 1