Open RCT2 on XP

Alright! Friend wants to get this running on his XP Computer. Formatting and installing windows 7 isn't an option.

How do i get it running on XP? As far as i know this is only Windows 7 and the reason he wants to play this over the original is because it doesn't have a ride limit or guest.

@janisozaur posts XP builds from time to time, here's one from a few days ago

51 minutes ago, Sims_doc said:

the reason he wants to play this over the original is because it doesn't have a ride limit or guest.

OpenRCT2 does not remove the ride or guest limit (or any of the other limits as far as I'm aware). It cannot do this until a new save format has been introduced, which won't be until after all the vanilla code has been implemented.

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, SleetFire said:

If you guys could increase the sprite limit in the new save file format that'd be a godsend. As computing power grows exponentially and multiplayer parks gain popularity the demand for large parks are destined to increase.

Even an increase in Landscape limits would be divine too.

That's one of the first features planned for the new save file format, actually.  If you want to stay up to date on this, check out the GitHub site for OpenRCT2.  Other features that will come right away are removing the ride and landscape limits. 

• Like 1