There is no CSS17 in RCT1 Folder! How to get RCT1 Music?

When I select RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 music for main menu screen, it tells me to copy the CSS17 file from RCT1's data folder and paste it in RCT2 Data folder and rename it to CSS50. But here's the thing:

My RCT1's data folder DOESN'T HAVE A CSS17 file. It has Css16 and Css18, but no Css17.

You might be saying the install is corrupt and music file is missing. It is not missing. The menu music plays in RCT1 Delux. So the music is there, it's just not named CSS17.

This is a Steam install. Pleas help!

• 1 year later...

I have the Steam versions, and copying css17.dat to my RCT2\Data folder, and renaming it css50.dat doesn't work.

I just copied css17.dat from "RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe\RCTdeluxe_install\Data" into "RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe\Data" without renaming it, and it worked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 16/04/2019 at 17:03, omalginu said:

I did some stupid things and overwrote my css17 file. Is there some way any of you can send me a copy of the file for the main music of RCT 1, please? :(

I thought I might have a copy of this file but I'm pretty sure I don't, I only have csg1.dat and csg1i.dat. Hopefully someone who actually has RCT1 is willing to send you the file, but if not, the theme music is on YouTube. I've converted this to the correct file format for use with OpenRCT2 and attached it to this post. This will not be identical to the original file, both because of YouTube's compression and because the uploader says he cleaned it up a little, but maybe it'll do for you.

css17.dat

• 9 months later...