Portal Theming

Hello, this is the new topic I've created to talk about a theme i thought of based on the Portal games. Feel free to post some ideas of what i should do with it in here.

Mini Intelligence Incinerators for trash cans (Empty = P1, Vandalized = P2, full = ???)

Animated portals (doors) for small tracks and Junior

Still portal wall for Zero Clearance onto paths and large tracks

(Both portals are color able, for easily making basic, Atlas, or P-Body portals)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/27/2016 at 23:39, YoloSweggLord said:

You have got to be kidding me... did you just put the Aperture Science Edgeless Safety Weighted Merry-Go-Round onto the Aperture Science Ride Mode We-Don't-Know-What-It-Does and open it without testing?

This is Aperture Science Laboratories. Opening it IS testing.

• 1 month later...

A portal theme sounds really fun. Imagine building test chambers and having guests and rides going through them. I do have some experience in graphical design so I'd love to help out. 

It's been a while since I used 3d modeling though, but isn't it also possible to create scenery by making sprites?

3 hours ago, Tune said:

but isn't it also possible to create scenery by making sprites?

Yes. The ease of doing so depends on the object you want to create. Small scenery and walls are often drawn by hand, large scenery or animated scenery might be a bit harder. Getting the different view angles consistent with each other may be difficult if your geometry is complex, even if you only need a few images.

• Like 1

Well I tried making a Portal turret in RCT, but it still looks pretty ugly. 

I used the Half-Life Model Viewer to open the turret model and then made a screenshot of the right angles and converted those into bmp files with Photoshop.

I'm not sure what the best way is to safe the file in Photoshop so importing it into the ObjectEditor won't ruin it by compressing it. :/

2017-01-28 15_25_10-OpenRCT2.png

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1