I can't connect to any server? (still not solved)

Hello.

I started playing openrct2 again and everything was fine. i could join servers, play with a bunch of people and have a great time.  ...until this occoured! bandicam 2016-04-22 15-57-47-486.jpg

So i tried to download the latest version, and even waited 2 days. I did not understand anything of this, until i went to the console box and this. bandicam 2016-04-22 15-57-41-454.jpg

So yeah, this is something, i guess. can any of you help with my problem? I don't know what this means and i would like to play online again. :(

Edited by MidnaGamer
1 hour ago, Broxzier said:

Did you recently change any of your network settings?

No, but maybe someone else did.

Edited by MidnaGamer
4 minutes ago, ziscor said:

Firewalls usually don't block incoming, only outgoing. It's worth a shot though.

Well I don't know too much about viruses but doesn't that seem kind of counter-intuitive? If a firewall is there to stop viruses from getting on your computer, wouldn't it be regulating incoming, and not outgoing, traffic?

That's not exactly what I was talking about. By the way, this is coming from someone who knows nothing about Firewalls. Firewalls usually prevent a direct connection to your computer from an outside source. If one was only interested in connecting to other people's servers, a firewall wouldn't prevent it by default. Hosting one, however means your computer is essentially the main server everyone gets their info from (technically not, since the Host and the Clients are both working with each other through the "Master Server", but you get the point).

So the main problem a firewall can cause is hosting, not connecting to other servers in general. This is why most people are able to play just fine on Multiplayer here in OpenRCT2, but when one wants to host a server of their own they need to open ports, allow firewalls and what-not.

After trying Multiplayer once again after a month and having the same problem, I can say it's not affecting you alone. Perhaps the program has trouble connecting to the Master Server due to a bug?

Whatever the problem is, it still shouldn't affect you this bad so as to prevent MP all together @MidnaGamer. You could keep trying maybe.

An obvious solution would be to run the stable build (even though you won't be able to connect to the majority of servers due to difference in versions).

4 hours ago, ziscor said:

An obvious solution would be to run the stable build (even though you won't be able to connect to the majority of servers due to difference in versions).

Yes, that's EXACTLY my problem! it seems everybody uses unstable builds of 0.05-develop.

1 hour ago, X7123M3-256 said:

That's because features are being added so quickly that the stable builds are rapidly outdated.

Makes sense, but it's also dumb.

23 minutes ago, MidnaGamer said:

Makes sense, but it's also dumb.

It's not dumb, the stable builds get behind really quickly. The last stable was released a couple of weeks ago, but since then they've added the ability to rotate objects in the tile inspector, the ability to change track types of existing rides, and numerous bugfixes.  Things are being added all the time, and if you wait for them to reach stable that means several more months of ad-hoc solutions and workarounds for features not yet implemented. IMO it's worth putting up with a few more bugs, especially as they tend to get fixed quickly anyway.

This will probably be another long one, as we have quite a goal to reach this time – ridding of vanilla binary. You may have seen it already, but we are also working on enabling other architectures (ARMv7, x86-64), improving multiplayer experience and much more. It may not get called 0.0.X by the time we reach next release.

Edited by janisozaur
25 minutes ago, X7123M3-256 said:

the ability to rotate objects in the tile inspector

Does this also allow us to rotate entrances and exits to rides? I know it's possible with hex editing, and I was actually thinking of suggesting the ability to rotate entrances/exits. I'd check for myself but I'm not on my laptop.