OpenRCT2
ziscor

How Did YOU Find Out About OpenRCT2?

I read about it a blog post by Jarno (yup, this site's maintainer) back in May 2014, IIRC. At that point, the project had only been public for a few months.

I first heard of it when I was looking for an RCT alternative for Linux back in '15 but I scrubbed it off because it was very early and I also found FreeRCT, an attempt at rewriting the entire game from bottom up, also very early. I only decided to give it a go after Vargskelethor's RCT extravaganza stream.

I googled how to get my GOG version of RCT2 working on Windows 10 and a forum recommeded OpenRCT2.

On 1/19/2018 at 11:28, giraty said:

I was searching the RCT version of OpenTTD, and I found ORCT2 first on facebook page, then the forum.

Hey, me too!

• Like 1

...Joel. lol

I've been a fan of the RCT games since I got RCT1 sometime back in 2001/2002, then getting RCT2 not too long after. A couple of years ago, I installed RCT2 on my Mac, but I didn't play it as much as I should have in retrospect. It wasn't until Joel's OpenRCT2 stream/video that I downloaded it, and I've been hooked since. I'm not sure if I was aware of its existence beforehand, but I went into the video having grown up with the games, so I would say that was the catalyst.