Go Karts With Helmets

I don't think this is the case of changing the game's assets. Maybe allow sprites from RCT1 to be used in RCT2 by using the original's game files? I mean, you guys have done this before as well with the RCT1 title music, so it could be done for rides as well, albeit with some more work. I can't remember any more sprites that were different from RCT1, but the Restroom sure is one. 

Not really a high priority thing, tbh. There's a a lot more different things needed first in the game. This is a cosmetic change, and I believe these changes should probably be implemented only when sprite work for OpenRCT2 is done in the far future (like with OpenGFX for OpenTTD).

BTW I didn't even know RCT1 has helmets for guests in Go-Karts O.o

RCT1 doesn't have object .DATs so you can't easily patch in support for loading RCT1 rides. You can't easlily use the RCT1 base graphics in place of the RCT2 base graphics either, because they don't have the same sprites. I think the best option is to extract the go-kart sprites from csg1.dat and repackage them as an object file for RCT2. This doesn't require any changes to the code - it would still work in vanilla. If you then want to replace the existing go-karts with the RCT1 version, you could substitute KART1.DAT with the new file (you have to make sure that the object header is the same though, or the game won't recognize it). If you want to have the RCT1 go karts alongside the standard ones, just give it a different name.

@X7123M3-256 That is exactly what I was talking about. Extracting specific sprite images from the base game files via this game itself, then implement them into the game. This is why I used "albeit with some more work". This is not exactly a task that will be easy, so I don't think this is a useful idea for the moment. Not at all a good idea. It's not really a big issue, so I don't even see any need to implement this in the first place. 

It's not really like asking for flat edges in slanted land like in RCT1, but it's still in the same ballpark.

Oh,  sorry, I thought you were asking for OpenRCT2 to be able to load RCT1 resource files directly, which would be difficult.

Extracting the RCT1 sprites and turning them into an RCT2 object file is easy - I already did it for the RCT1 mini suspended coaster, and I've seen it done for a couple of other RCT1 rides as well. There is no reason not to do it if that's what you want - it does not require any alteration to the code nor introduce an incompatibility with the vanilla game.

Edited by X7123M3-256

I think it would be good if we could have RCT 2 style and RCT 1 style go karts that way we can have both

12 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

Oh,  sorry, I thought you were asking for OpenRCT2 to be able to load RCT1 resource files directly, which would be difficult.

Extracting the RCT1 sprites and turning them into an RCT2 object file is easy - I already did it for the RCT1 mini suspended coaster, and I've seen it done for a couple of other RCT1 rides as well. There is no reason not to do it if that's what you want - it does not require any alteration to the code nor introduce an incompatibility with the vanilla game.

13 hours ago, ziscor said:

@X7123M3-256 That is exactly what I was talking about. Extracting specific sprite images from the base game files via this game itself, then implement them into the game. This is why I used "albeit with some more work". This is not exactly a task that will be easy, so I don't think this is a useful idea for the moment. Not at all a good idea. It's not really a big issue, so I don't even see any need to implement this in the first place. 

It's not really like asking for flat edges in slanted land like in RCT1, but it's still in the same ballpark.

13 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

RCT1 doesn't have object .DATs so you can't easily patch in support for loading RCT1 rides. You can't easlily use the RCT1 base graphics in place of the RCT2 base graphics either, because they don't have the same sprites. I think the best option is to extract the go-kart sprites from csg1.dat and repackage them as an object file for RCT2. This doesn't require any changes to the code - it would still work in vanilla. If you then want to replace the existing go-karts with the RCT1 version, you could substitute KART1.DAT with the new file (you have to make sure that the object header is the same though, or the game won't recognize it). If you want to have the RCT1 go karts alongside the standard ones, just give it a different name.

Pretty much this

7 hours ago, theannihilator9807 said:

I think it would be good if we could have RCT 2 style and RCT 1 style go karts that way we can have both

There's no need for any changes to OpenRCT2 to implement this - just take the sprites from csg1.dat and create a new DAT file from them (if somebody hasn't done it already, a number of RCT1 rides have been ported). The only tricky part is that the sprites aren't always in the same order, but the go karts don't have many sprites so you can just manually rearrange them if necessary.