Compact Coaster Contest

Thanks mokman, submission accepted! Though I'm not a fan of non-chainlift pieces on the lifthill, there's nothing in the rules that prevents it (not even a small penalty). Other than that, I like how you mixed high and low parts to add some fun to it. I never managed to pull that off yet.

Note to Broxzier, your timeout has expired now, so you can submit another coaster. I'm at 4/10 submissions now.

Edited by jensj12

That's... kind of amazing, considering I didn't even build it as a Wild Mouse initially and just duplicated the track in that type (Was originally going to be a Virginia Reel, but saw the Broxbox already represented that coaster type).  Either way, glad you like it.

3 minutes ago, YoloSweggLord said:

Aw, I was just about to submit a variant of my switchback railway...

But I need zero clearance to build the switchbacks :(

Shuttle coasters are allowed, but switchbacks are not with the current rules (the wooden switchback recreation I made once crashed the entire game). Not everyone knows about these cheats, so I restricted the use of them to make it a fair competition to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Contest is over, scores are calculated, and here are the final scores (from worst to best):

7: @Redino - Deezle Box (6.02) - final score: 5.68
6: @Broxzier - Broxbox (5.71) - final score: 5.85
5: @mokman - contest_mokman (5.99) - final score: 6.19
4: @_fog - Optimal (6.01) - final score: 6.23
3: @Kevdog3700 - Rats Nest (6.20) - final score: 6.26
2: @Mattiator - Switchback (6.65) - final score: 6.48

And the winner is...

1: @YoloSweggLord - Railgun (6.72) - final score: 6.98

Congratz! Your coaster will be included in the next compact coaster track pack and you now have the full rights to start the next Compact Coaster Contest (CCC2)! Drop me a PM (within a week) if you want to do that and we'll discuss some things (I can run it with your rules if you want).

To the others: don't be disappointed, you are amogn the few that managed to build a coaster that met the requirements to enter and you've improved you building skills, which is the most important part of this.

• 1 year later...

Well, I hope this isn't one of those places where people hate seeing old threads brought back, if you actually have something to say in them.

First off, I love the mini rides park, and have sto ... erm ... borrowed a number of designs for quick and easy additions to playing the scenarios, so thanks for that!

Secondly, I love the idea of the contest, and regret I wasn't around when it happened. I hope that sometime there is another contest with the same basic theme.

Thirdly, I've seen at least two coasters in this contest with lift hill launches, which is something I can find in neither RCT1 or RCT2 ... though RCT2 will open the files ... I just can't find any way to access the launch lifthills from the build menu. Is this something that is a hidden feature of some sort? Or is it something that was not available in RCT2, but only in Open?

And finally I would like to say a special thank you to Mokman for his contest entry ... I've used the exact same layout to make compact mine coasters and bobsled coasters with great stats (if not as great rider throughput)! Will probably even work with a few other coaster types if I continue trying the layout on different rides!

Edited by Batchman
  • 5 years later...
58 minutes ago, ExCrafty said:

That version is now 5 years old.

Versions since then will contain whatever was new in that, and a great deal more. Including the current save format.

But I can find only the normal release v0.0.3.1, and I commented this cuz joel made a server (idk if it's working now) called vinesauce park and the version he is using is the exact version that wues uses. So that's why I'm searching for someone to give me a download link (direct) for me.